Yellow Ribbon Award
Every year, MNU recognizes those members (either a group or an individual) who have throughout the year exemplified the spirit of the Yellow Ribbon. The Yellow Ribbon has become a symbol throughout Manitoba of nurses’ willingness to stand together in support of each other and as advocates for patient care, and strong union activists. The Yellow Ribbon award was first awarded during our Standing Up For the Front Lines of Health Care campaign to recognize exceptional grassroots leadership.
The awards will be presented at our Annual General Meeting held each year.
In selecting the recipients of the award, the Selections Committee will take into account the following:
- The nominee should be an active member of the MNU.
- The nominee must, through their actions, exemplify the spirit of the Yellow Ribbon. That is, the willingness to stand up for nurses and patients.
- The nominee should have clearly demonstrated special initiative in standing up for nurses and patients.
The award will only be presented if there is a candidate(s) that clearly meet the specified criteria. Nominations should be received no later than March 31st. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please describe your nominee’s accomplishments and the activities that you feel merit the award. This should be submitted in a 300-500 word biography and attached to the nomination form. In your submission, the criteria should be clearly reflected and you should consider the following:
- How have my nominee’s activities benefited her/his colleagues and patients?
- Has my nominee shown leadership at the grassroots level of the MNU?
- Has my nominee clearly demonstrated a willingness to stand up for patients and nurses?
If you require assistance in submitting your nomination please contact Brandi Johnson at the MNU Office.
Yellow Ribbon Award Application (PDF 98KB)