MNU Continuing Education Scholarship
What you need to know before applying
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Applicants must be a MNU member in good standing.
- Members enrolled in a nursing degree or additional degree program that is nursing related. The member must have started his/her course(s). Distance/on-line courses that are part of a degree program may qualify. Certificate programs are not eligible.
- Applicants may apply for the scholarship in any year of the program.
- Applicants have not previously been awarded the MNU Continuing Education Scholarship.
- Applicants must be willing to have their essay published in part or total.
- Special consideration will be given to members with active MNU involvement.
The application deadline is May 31 of each year.
Application Criteria & Selection Process
- A selection committee, whose decisions are final, will award the scholarships. Funds will be forwarded to the successful applicant(s) prior to year-end.
- Only the successful applicant(s) will be notified.
- Upon request, the successful applicant(s) must provide a Social Insurance Number (SIN) as per CRA regulations.
- Scholarship recipients agree to apply the monies received to tuition fees, or living expenses and to advise the MNU of any fundamental change in their program to which the scholarship received applies.
- Scholarship recipients who withdraw from the program must advise the MNU office or the Scholarship Committee Chair within one week of doing so. Full or partial repayment of the scholarship monies may be required, after review of individual circumstances.
- I am a current MNU member in good standing.
- I am enrolled in a Nursing degree program or additional degree program related to nursing.
- I am enclosing proof of my CURRENT enrollment and participation in a course(s) that is/are a part of a nursing degree/nursing related degree program.
- I have not previously received an MNU Continuing Education Scholarship.
- I am willing to have my essay published in part or whole with my name withheld for privacy.
How to Submit
- Complete the online submission.
- Download, print, and complete the application form.
MNU Continuing Education Scholarship Committee
c/o Manitoba Nurses Union
301 - 275 Broadway
Fax: (204) 942-0958
- An essay of 300 words (maximum) which: describes yourself; how long you have been nursing; your MNU involvement; your current involvement in volunteer/community activities and professional nursing activities; and how this continuing education will impact your nursing career. Include word count. Essays greater than 300 words will be disqualified.
- Documentation of your current university/college enrollment and participation in courses or a letter from the university/college confirming your current studies in a Nursing program. Course payment receipts will also be accepted. Your application will be considered incomplete without this documentation.